Search for content in message boards

Jonathan Olin Sr. born 1737

Replies: 0

Jonathan Olin Sr. born 1737

Posted: 2 Jan 2014 10:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Olin, Johnson, Harrington, Dyer, Matteson, Morse
I am trying to solidify the information I have on Jonathan Olin Sr. and Anne Gardiner. As many have pointed out, C. C. Olin's book on the descendants of John Olin is plagued with errors, specifically that of leaving out Jonathan Jr. and the confusion of Jonathan Sr. by listing him as the husband of Penelope Harrington and Amy/Anna Johnson.

Specifically, I am attempting to square away some information on Jonathan Sr. in regards to some other posts which refer to his son as "adopted" per Sr.'s last will and testament. I have seen some people list Anna Matteson and Meriba Morse as 2nd and 3rd wives, taken in the elder years of Jonathan Sr.'s life, after the passing of Anne, and the references to Jonathan Jr. as adopted, the possibility that Hannah Olin was actually Hannah Dyer, an illegitimate daughter, and the possibility that Phoebe Matteson (wife of Isaac) was another daughter of Jonathan Sr. I'm curious as to what resources and citations that fellow researchers can provide on these tidbits of information. I haven't seen anything that would meet the genealogical proof standard, but are simply based on family lore and speculation.

Thanks

Find a board about a specific topic