Search for content in message boards

Stanleys and relatives of Shaftsbury twp, Bennington co, VT

Replies: 24

Re: Pierce and Chase Family

Posted: 11 Jun 2013 7:34AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Jun 2013 7:39AM GMT
Surnames: Stevens, Stephens, Baker, Chase...
Hi! Thank you for your email. This has been years long, and tedious researching to figure out these two Allen's and two Sarah's. What I know. Allen Stevens married Sarah Chase d/o Daniel Chase and Elizabeth Baker. In a personal account book of Daniel Chase he wrote that his daughter Sarah married Allen Stevens and removed to Canada. This Allen is NOT the same man as Allen R. Stevens who married Sarah Ann "Sadie" Baker (my line). They are however, we believe, cousins - why Allen R. Stevens ALWAYS used his middle initial to help differentiate themselves among their relatives & when they were living near each others while in Canada; Whitby and Pickering. Allen Stevens' wife Sarah Chase, after she died, he married 2nd in the early 1840's Mehitable (nee Antisdel) Stevens widow of Thomas Stevens of Onondaga Co Ny. Thomas Stevens, her 2nd husband, we believe is the son of Wm Stevens Sr (living nextdoor to Thomas in 1810, & who removed from Cambridge NY to Onondaga area after 1800). And Thomas being a brother to Wm Stevens Jr FATHER to Allen R. Stevens. WHEW get this? And that is just the tip of the iceberg. Allen Stevens, widower of Sarah nee Chase after marrying Mehitable lived for a bit in Whitby and then removed to live at Bayham, Elgin Co Ontario by 1851. They also moved, with her son Simon Stevens (s/o Thomas Stevens) to western Michigan post 1861 -- where she died/buried in 1868 and a year later her son Simon who died/buried in 1869 -- at which point Allen Stevens (who married Sarah Chase) removed back to Oxford Co, Ontario Canda to live with his/Sarah's son Thomas Harris Stevens (wife Sophia Hough). It is in that location where this Allen Stevens died; April 20, 1873 -- he is buried at Kintore Presbyterian Cemetery in the plot of William and Margaret Taylor (not sure if/what relationship might exist with this couple and Allen Stevens). However, it is a Cynthia Stevens who married Michael Yea[o]man not a Sarah Ann. And we believe Cynthia Stevens (w/o Michael
Yea[o]man is the d/o Allen Stevens & Sarah Chase. Michael and Cynthia removed from Ontario Canada and followed the prophet Joseph Smith into Utah. I am VERY interested in obtaining more info on Allen Stevens/Sarah Chase to help determine more family relationships.

Email me privately at:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Stanley_Werne... 29 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT 
@@Draperre@th... 4 May 2000 12:00PM GMT 
nygenes2 29 May 2000 12:00PM GMT 
@@Draperre@th... 9 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT 
henryclay1858 19 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT 
nygenes2 20 Dec 2000 12:00PM GMT 
glenngayle8 10 Jun 2013 6:13AM GMT 
mburke0274 11 Jun 2013 1:34PM GMT 
Lee Harris 21 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Joyce Hagerty 8 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT