Search for content in message boards

Joseph Richardson of Sutton

Replies: 0

Joseph Richardson of Sutton

Posted: 14 May 2013 5:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 May 2013 5:55PM GMT
Surnames: Neal, Richardson/Richeson/Richison
Looking for any information on Joseph Richardson of Sutton. I believe he married a woman named Relief around 1795. They were both born 1760-1770 (being aged 60-69 in 1830). There are birth records for several children in Sutton from 1796-1807 (no mother's name on any of the records), but not the two girls I believe belong to Joseph and Relief. Melinda married Green Plumb, Eunice married Levi Neal (likely in Wayne Co NY, both between 1815-1820). The family left Sutton sometime btwn 1807 and 1815 and moved to Seneca Co/Wayne Co NY. I believe Joseph died there some time after the 1830 census. Relief died there (Huron, Wayne, NY) in 1846.

The Neal family was from CT, but they and the Richardsons showed up in Seneca Co in 1820 census, then in Wayne Co after that. Eunice and Levi Meal moved on to Michigan by 1850.

I know for certain that Eunice's father is a Joseph Richardson; I would like to confirm that she belongs to the Joseph Richardson of Sutton VT, then Wayne Co, NY; also confirm what his wife's name was, and anything pertaining to their lineage.

Thanks for any help
Tiffany

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions