Search for content in message boards

Blackwells' buried in St. Mary's Cemetary (Old Burial Ground) Richmond,Vt.

Replies: 1

Blackwells' buried in St. Mary's Cemetary (Old Burial Ground) Richmond,Vt.

Posted: 27 Jun 2005 6:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Blackwell, Ryan, Sinclair, Drown
I need help with my brickwall! My grandfather David Bernard Blackwell was born in Richmond, Vt,. Jan. 8,1886/1887. He aways believed his parents names were David Blackwell and Mary (Ryan) Blackwell. However in my research this never panned out (no records). I did find a baptismal cert. from Our Lady of the Holy Rosary Church in Richmond for "a baby born on the 8th day of the same month of David o Keefe and Margaret Blackwell in Jericho, Vt. The name David was given to him. The sponsor was Johanna Casey". I believe this to be my grandfathers baptismal and according to this record his parents were not married. This is the only record I found of his parents, it's as if they disappeared. My grandfather lived with his grandmother who I believe to be Mary (Ryan) Blackwell, Margarets mother. I then find my grandfather living in Keene, N.Y. in the 1900 Census living as a boarder with the O'Connell family. I am unable to find any information on Margaret Blackwell or David O'Keefe/Keefe. Mary (Ryan) Blackwell, her husband George and her daughter Jane (Blackwell) Berry are all buried in St. Mary's Cemetary in Richmond. Apparently the graves of Mary and George are well tended and someone has been planting flowers in front of their headstone. First question is how do I go about finding out who is planting the flowers and possibly contacting them? Next question, any suggestions on how to find Margaret Blackwell or David O'Keefe'Keefe? My grandfather was a devout Catholic as this was how his grandmother raised him so I believe the illigitamacy of his birth was quite the scandal and therefore the family went to elaborate means to keep it secret. Grandpa never even knew. If anyone has any connection to this family or has any creative suggestions I would be most grateful as I have run out of ideas and aspirin. Thank you,
Gaynor
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
gaynor41 28 Jun 2005 12:54AM GMT 
reeljohnson 18 Jan 2013 1:31AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic