Search for content in message boards

David Nichols b 1744 -need researcher for lookups - St Albans

Replies: 5

David Nichols b 1744 -need researcher for lookups - St Albans

Lauva Currier (View posts)
Posted: 17 Dec 2001 8:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Nichols/Hall
I am working on DAvid Nichols for DAR purposes and am in possession of a booklet made in 1937 for a family reunion that gives me my current information. I am looking for copies of some of the information quoted in the booklet. Willing to pay for this as well as copies/postage/etc.

David NIchols was born 9/23/1744 in Woodbury, CT. He married Annis Hurlbut in 1767 and first moved to Williamston, Mass, then on to Shelburne, VT before 1790 and later to ST. Albans, VT. By 1798, he was in Beech Ridge, Argenteuil Co, Quebec. He was a tanner by trade. He married REbecca Kellogg, a widow, probably in ST. Albans.
David Nichols was the Methodist preacher and the congregation met in their home until the church was built in St. Albans. "The Vermont Gazetter tells several trite stories of her (Rebecca Nichols) decisive character."....

Since David was a Methodist preacher, I would hope that there would be published information on him, possibly in Methodist books. David had several children and I have been trying to locate where his children married. One daughter, Sarah/SAlly Nichols married Asa Hall about 1796. Quite possibly, the marriage took place there. Another Hall, Zalmon, married Sarah Morehouse, before 1796 and possibly that marriage took place in ST. Albans as well.

David Nichols died at 89 on a boat on Lake Ontario accompanied by his daughter, Sarah Nichols Hall to visit other family members. IT is possible that his death might have been mentioned in Methodist reports as well. He died 6/24/1832. The Toronto Christian Guardian made note of the incident.

Thank you,
Sincerely,
Lauva Currier
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Lauva Currier 18 Dec 2001 3:35AM GMT 
Linda Nichols 10 Jan 2002 5:33PM GMT 
Lauva Currier 10 Jan 2002 8:15PM GMT 
wa3wod 20 Jun 2007 3:50AM GMT 
leavensantiqu... 24 Oct 2009 12:33AM GMT 
ZACHARY01 27 May 2014 7:51PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions