Search for content in message boards

John Waggoner, something isnt right with connections to my family.

Replies: 0

John Waggoner, something isnt right with connections to my family.

Posted: 25 Jul 2013 6:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 25 Jul 2013 6:31PM GMT
Surnames: Waggoner, Wagner, Wagener
Hi I am fairly new to family research and I was having a easy time till I got to this person. it shows him as the father to one of my grandfathers but then I find information that he had no sons. I have clear records to John WAGNER 1790 – 1850 and I am finding notes and such that John Waggoner and Christiana where his parents.How do I sort this out and find the right parent(s)? I am 2000 miles from Vermont and no one family there that knows anything. I have pasted the following information on him and will also paste the record after his death.
John Waggoner
Birth 1737
Death Jul 1798 in Highgate, Franklin, Vermont, USA
Marriage 1 CHRISTIANA b: BEF 1755
Children
Has Children Catherine WAGGONER b: in New York
Has Children Elizabeth WAGGONER b: BEF 1770
Has Children Charity WAGGONER b: BEF 1780
["North Hero Situate in Seven Different Counties," History of North Hero Vermont: An Account of Discovery, Settlement, and Interesting Remarkable Events, page 21, compiled by Allen L. Stratton]

Note: No sons are mentioned as heirs:
July 23, 1798
1. [was paid $1000 by Joseph G-----[?] for land] Christiana Waggoner [widow of John Waggoner], Isaac Asseltine* and Catherine [daughter] his wife, Barnabus Galor & Elizabeth [daughter] his wife, and Henry Lampman** and Charity [daughter] his wife of Swanton, the County of Franklin and State of Vermont . . . whereon the late John Waggoner lived intestate on Missiquoi River beginning at a small house on sd River to the East of sd Waggoner & running on sd River to Maguomi Creek

Any help or pointers in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.
James Wagner

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions