Search for content in message boards

Blodgett Family around Franklin County

Replies: 0

Blodgett Family around Franklin County

Posted: 20 Mar 2014 7:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Blodgette, Potwin
I've asked this in a couple of other forums without much luck, so I thought I'd give it a try here. I'm trying to find the parents of my second great grandmother Margaret Louisa Blodgette.

My second great grandparents were Moses Potwin (B:15 Jan 1820 Richelieu, Quebec, Canada D:28 Dec 1903 Woodstock, Vermont), and Margaret Louisa Blodgette (B:15 Dec 1823 Quebec, Canada D:29 Mar 1911 in Woodstock, Vermont). I haven't been able to find an actual birth record for Margaret, but all the census records, and her death certificate, say she was born in Canada, or French Canada. They always list her parents were from there as well. Her death certificate is the only record I found that lists her parents names as father "Geo. Blodgette", and mother "Margarette UNKNOWN", both from Canada.

The 1900 census says that she immigrated in 1838, and married Moses in 1844. The timeline of places would make it so she must have married in Swanton Vermont, but I didn't find a record online, and the town clerk didn't find any for me. The family lived in Swanton, working a farm, for quite a while, but I can't seem to connect any parents, or siblings, to Margaret

I have found many Blodgette's from Canada during that time, but none seem to match up with mine. There are even a couple oh George and Margarette Blodgette's, but the times seem off, and they don't list children. I would even try a manual search through the Drouin records, but I have no idea what parish, or even what religion they were

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions