Search for content in message boards

Help! Abraham Leach Abram Leech

Replies: 0

Help! Abraham Leach Abram Leech

Posted: 7 Apr 2014 9:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Leach Bullis Forbes Ring Page Deshonway
Hello,
I have hit a major dead-end with my 4th Great Grandfather, Abraham Leach (or Abram Leach). He was born between 1790-1797 in New Hampshire or Massachusetts (it changes depending on the census) to parents born in Ireland. On March 12, 1817, he married Lucy Ring in Washington, Orange, Vermont, and there they had a son, Silas H. Leach, my third great grandpa, on December 16, 1817. Abraham and Lucy also had one other son who died young, Andrew J. Leach (12/3/1837-3/28/1843), and four daughters: Lucy Ann (1822-4/17/1855) the wife of Isaac Page of Clintonville, NY, Lucinda (1822-6/4/1855) the wife of Stephen Forbes of Clintonville, Hannah Story (1829-5/15/1890) wife of Chauncey Bullis of Moriah, NY, and Christianna (1835-?) the wife of James Deshonway on Clintonville.
Lucy Ring Leach died on February 8, 1843 in Clintonville and her, along with Andrew, Lucy Ann and Lucinda, are all buried in the Old Clintonville Cemetery.
Abraham remarried to an Elizabeth born around 1801.
Abraham can be found in the following censuses: 1820 in Highgate, Franklin Vermont, 1830 in Schroon, Essex, New York, 1840 in Chesterfield, Essex, New York, 1850 in Waynesfield, Lucas, Ohio, 1860 in Vienna, Genesee, Michigan and 1875 in Moriah, Essex, New York. He died in December of 1880 or 1879 in Moriah.
He is somehow connected to Jacob B. Leach, born in 1814 in New Hampshire to parents born in Ireland. Abraham and Jacob are living next to each other in 1840 in Chesterfield, and I have an account book from my 3rd Great Grandpa Silas including Jacob. A transcription of a family bible lists this Jacob as Jacob II, but there is no other source on this.
I have letters from my Grandpa Abraham, but even still, have no luck tracing his family or finding out more about him. Any help whatsoever, and anything at all that may shed light on my illusive Grandpa would be greatly appreciative. I also have pictures and other materials from the family I would be happy to share with any descendants.
Thank you so much for your time and consideration!

Sincerely,
Mike Draper

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions