Search for content in message boards

Campbell Family of Alburgh, Grand Isle

Replies: 2

Campbell Family of Alburgh, Grand Isle

Posted: 12 Feb 2013 2:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
My GGG Grandfather was Joseph Campbell, b. 1836 in Alburgh, VT and died in Ogdensburg, NY in 1906. He was the son of Antonie and Emilie (Alexandre) Campbell and served in the Civil War.

I am looking for any information I can find relating to his first wife, my GGG Grandmother. From what I have found her name may have been Mary Ann Lewis, however I have no real info to back that up.

I know the family lived some where in/near Alburgh and by 1860, had moved to Franklin County, NY as they are located in the Brandon, NY census. The couple had at least two children, a daughter, Flora b. 1857 and a son Joseph b. 1859. The children may or may not have been born in VT.

I know that his first wife died sometime between 1860 and 1865, as he remarried in 1865 as his obit stated the he was a widower prior to his second marriage. I am almost positive that Joseph and his first wife were married in Grand Isle County. Can anyone help to point me in the right direction as to where I might find a record or anything that would lead me to the name of Joseph's first wife?

Any help or suggestions would be greatly apprecaited.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Timd442 12 Feb 2013 9:17PM GMT 
wmitch6 1 Dec 2013 3:27PM GMT 
Timd442 3 Dec 2013 8:48PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic