Search for content in message boards

Unfinished Typescript for History of Alburgh, Vermont Volume II, by Allen L. Stratton

Replies: 2

Re: Unfinished Typescript for History of Alburgh, Vermont Volume II, by Allen L. Stratton

Posted: 20 Apr 2014 7:41PM GMT
Classification: Query
You can purchase the vol 2 typescript of the History of Alburgh from the Alburgh Historical Society. I have a copy and would be happy to do any look ups.

Stratton does not list Polly Babcock in the typescript. I found a Polly married to Ichabod on Family Search. Their daughter Polly b. 1805 married a McElvery she died in 1872 in Alburgh. Obviously not your Polly. I can look for any other Babcock info for you. I found another Polly Babcock mentioned in Volume ! of Stratton's Alburgh History. She married a man named Harry Emerson sometime in the late 18th century. Stratton does not mention who she was.

Have you tried the Babcock Family Genealogy by Stephen Babcock? That is where Stratton got his information on the Alburgh Babcocks. It's available on line through Archive.org. I did a quick search of the book and found nothing on your Polly.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
LynnOlBuMorri... 9 Apr 2014 9:59PM GMT 
LucilleBCampb... 13 Apr 2014 1:59AM GMT 
wmitch6 21 Apr 2014 1:41AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions