Search for content in message boards

Finnegans of Lamoille County Vermont

Replies: 11

Re: Finnegans of Lamoille County Vermont

Posted: 30 Aug 2012 11:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have quite a bit of information on the following daughters of Patrick Finnegan who somehow ended up in San Antonia & Beeville, Texas. The daughters that I have information on is Theresa Finnegan Faber, Ellen Lucy Finnegan, Margaret Isabel Finnegan, and Susan Finnegan Thurston Saffold. The obituary for Susan is from the newspaper San Antonio Light and it reads:

SAFFOLD - Died Tuesday, April 6, 1948. Mrs. Susan Saffold, 75, residentce 1117 N St. Marys St., beloved aunt of Mrs. Laura Hamil and Miss Josephine Finnegan, Funneral services Thursday, 9 a.m., Angelus Chapel, Requiem mass 9:15 a.m. St. Marys Chruch, offered by Very Rev. John Quinlvan, O.M.I. Interment 3 p.m. St. Joseph's Cemetery, Beeville, Texas, Arrangements by the Agelus Funeral Home.

Theresa's obituary is also from the newspaper: San Antonio Light. It is as follows:

FABER - Died Wednesday, Feb. 18, 1048. Mrs. Theresa Faber, age 89 years. Survivors are: Sister, Mrs. Saffold; niece, Mrs. Laura Hamil. Requiem mass at St. Mary's Church Friday, 9:15 a.m. Very Rev. John Quinlivan O.M.I. celebrant. Interment will be in St. Joseph's Cemetery, Beeville, Texas. Arrangements by the Angelus Funeral Home.

Also the death certificate for Theresa has Laura Hamill of San Antonio, Texas being the informant for Theresa's family information.

Margaret Finnegan never married and she died on May 16, 1930 in San Antonio, Texas.

Ellen Lucy Finnegan moved from San Antonio to Los Angeles, California sometime in 1920's and seemed to go back and forth from California to Texas. I have not been able to find when or where Ellen died.

Ellen and Susan had guardianship of my grandfather, Leonard Boatman. I have requested a copy of the guardianship papers from Texas and am anxiously waiting to get them. My grandfather's mother is Mary Finnegan (another sister) and supposedly she died shortly after he was born in Ardmore, Oklahoma. I have nothing to support this except that Ellen Lucy Finnegan and Susan Finnegan did get guardianship of him when he was about 11 years old in San Antonio Texas. Before my Mom died she wrote a book for us kids with as much of our family history that she could recall and that is where I get the information about Mary Finnegan.

If you send me your email address I can send you scanned copies of this information. My personal email address is: abradell@yahoo.com. I have also been in contact with a Mark Kearney who is a descendent of Francis Finnegan who is one of Patrick's brothers. He lives about an hour from me... I live in Northern California in a small rural town outside of Sacramento called Elverta. He sent me the memoirs of Francis and I can send that to you as well.

It is so crazy how these Finnegan girls ended up in Texas. I have been able to find them in the San Antonio city directory from 1895 or 1896. It might be earlier. How and why did they end up in Texas? This weekend I will start researching about Catherine Finnegan Stone and see if I can locate any information on her being in Texas. I will post anything I find.

So it looks like we might be related thru our Finnegan blood! Hope to have more information for you soon. ~ Ann

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
dlfrench41 13 Jul 2010 12:46AM GMT 
smilo257 17 Jul 2011 10:22PM GMT 
DeannaFrench7... 18 Jul 2011 12:01AM GMT 
DeannaFrench7... 18 Jul 2011 12:03AM GMT 
abradell 29 May 2012 5:15AM GMT 
dlfrench41 29 May 2012 12:05PM GMT 
Shortyesq 30 Aug 2012 11:28AM GMT 
abradell 31 Aug 2012 5:24AM GMT 
eshortell 29 Sep 2012 8:00PM GMT 
dlfrench41 31 Aug 2012 2:50PM GMT 
per page