Search for content in message boards

1860 Brandon Census; Lewis and Elizabeth Robinson

Replies: 1

1860 Brandon Census; Lewis and Elizabeth Robinson

Posted: 10 Mar 2008 8:11AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 Oct 2013 8:37AM GMT
Surnames: Robinson, Gosselin
I've found a record of Lewis Robinson,age 28 birthplace Canada, his wife Elizabeth, age 20 birthplace VT and young daughter Josephine, age 8 months birthplace MA in the 1860 Brandon, VT census..this information matches fairly closely to my great great great grandparents, Louis Robinson and his wife Elizabeth(or Mary)Gosselin Robinson.
My records have the daughter as Mary Josephine Robinson who was supposedly born in Hopedale, MA sometime between 1857-1862.

I'd like to learn more about this family but I don't know what resources might be available for the Brandon area at that time.

Records here in Mass. agree that Louis was born in Canada and ELizabeth was born most likely in VT but could have been born in Canada as well. Some records also agree that Mary Josephine was born in MA but I've not found a record to support that. Her death and marriage records say that she was born in MA but there's no real proof.

I don't know whether Lewis and Elizabeth and Josephine are my kin or not but if they are it's an earlier starting point for them than I've had previously. Any advice regarding resources for Brandon in the time frame of 1855-1870 would be most appreciated.

Ed O'Connor
Hudson,MA
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
EdOConnor66 10 Mar 2008 2:11PM GMT 
jeanmbushey 14 Mar 2008 11:36PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions