Search for content in message boards

NEW** Rutland County Naturalizations

Replies: 155

Re: NEW** Rutland County Naturalizations

Posted: 29 Jan 2014 12:22AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Carroll, Noonan
Hello James,

The reason I have all of this is because I was looking for my family ... Thomas Noonan, who I knew for a fact naturalized in Rutland. Much to my dismay he was not in the huge batch of naturalization records I had access to. I recognized the value of the information in the records I had and that they were not easy to come by, so, I transcribed all the records for everyone's benefit. They only cover years from mid-1830's to early 1900's. No women were naturalized outright in these records. Family members of a naturalized person (wife and minor children) gained citizenship at the same time as the father, automatically. The more recent the year, the fewer records there were in the batch. Luckily, by doing the transcription, I later discovered I had the records for 2 of my other GGGGF's.

One day, over 5 years later, some kind soul saw this explanation in my records intro, and out of the blue sent me the very record I was seeking but could not find. I can't tell you how much that meant to me. They said they got the record from Rutland county. I only had access to microfilm. If you don't live in the area, you can try to contact someone who is or the Rutland Historical Society to see if you can get some help there.

So, I am sorry to say that I haven't been able to help with researching folks' individual brick walls lately. I don't have any genealogy subscriptions, and I'm heavy laden with homework after I get off work. I just transcribed the records and was blessed in return.

My Noonan's are connected by marriage to John P. Carroll, son of Timothy and Honora Crow Carroll.

I wish you the best of luck in finding what you need.

Sara
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Sara_Noonan 29 Jan 2014 7:22AM GMT 
frwayne1154 31 Jan 2014 7:43PM GMT 
frwayne1154 7 Feb 2014 1:36AM GMT 
Sara_Noonan 7 Feb 2014 1:54AM GMT 
cam3434 17 Feb 2014 8:05PM GMT 
Sara_Noonan 19 Feb 2014 2:34AM GMT 
cam3434 19 Feb 2014 8:33AM GMT 
Sara_Noonan 23 Feb 2014 12:15AM GMT 
BarbaraHoltan 1 Apr 2014 8:36PM GMT 
Sara_Noonan 2 Apr 2014 8:16AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions