Search for content in message boards

Horace Plumley, 1869

Replies: 3

Re: Horace Plumley, 1869

Posted: 16 Jul 2013 5:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 16 Jul 2013 6:25AM GMT
Hello,

The KIDDER surname is my main research of 20+ yrs., and I know a lot about my line of KIDDER men. They went from Cambridge and Billerica, MA, to Chelmsford / Westford, MA, up to New Ipswich / Temple, NH, up to St. Stephen, NB, (1784), from 1830 on in Calais, ME, or near there.

Thomas KIDDER in Westford, MA, had a relative Charles "Proctor" KIDDER of Westford, who seems to have had a troubled life. He married, divorced, and remarried to his first wife, who then had 4 children. But she died in childbirth with 4th - Mary Ann KIDDER, b1841. I believe, when she grew up, she married Horace PLUMLEY of VT. And, I believe he is the man you are discussing. The only child I know about is a daughter.

The reason I'm interested in this "Proctor" KIDDER family is because he remarried in 1841 to Clarissa CROSBY. And, no one researching knew that they had a son - born at the Poor Farm and never recorded at Town Hall. I took an interest in Roscoe KIDDER and tracked down his descendants.

I have posted about this family for 5 yrs. and on many Lists and Boards, so there is information on-line. I have not thought about the family since a year ago, but thought about them this morning.

Just wondering if Horace and Mary (KIDDER) PLUMLEY did have children, and what happened to the family.

(It is my .guess. that the first 4 children of "Proctor" KIDDER were raised by another family (very young children), and I'd like to find out if that is a good guess. The 5th child, Roscoe, was brought to 2, different couples in NH to be raised from before Age 5. (Proctor could not seem to keep his wives.) )

Mary had 2, older sisters, with possible married names of HARRIS and HARRISON, whom I know very little about. Their only brother, Charles KIDDER, married and moved to Ohio and that family remained in Ohio.

Betty (near Lowell, MA)

(on Lists and Boards for 12 yrs.; now an Admin for 10 Lists and 5 Boards, including some for CAN-USA-Migration)

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
cathabes1 2 Jan 2011 6:00PM GMT 
JNichols7769 8 Jan 2011 10:18PM GMT 
resjr95 10 Jan 2011 10:26PM GMT 
bbffrrpp 16 Jul 2013 11:42AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions