Search for content in message boards

Need MASS Vital-Marriage Recs of Margaret (Carroll) Booth & Richard Goguen

Replies: 7

Re: Need MASS Vital-Marriage Recs of Margaret Booth nee Carroll & Richard Goguen

Posted: 11 Aug 2013 11:55PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Aug 2013 7:16AM GMT
Dear Patrica Peck...I'm very sorry for the long delayed response to your "note" since late last year...which included a "move" and I'm still unpacking. I do not move well. Somehow I discovered your letter about your Mother...Great Aunt Helen Carroll nee Delaney...born 31 Jul 1898 in Worcester, Massachusetts...living at #92 Washington Street. I met your Mother once abt 1960...I was the oldest one of 3 siblings-only 8 years old of James Philip Delaney of West Hartford, CT. Your Mom was the very first relative of my father side of the family and was very nice...at that time I never met a "Great Aunt" before...I remember her smile and hugs and was it an "Irish accent" or was it just a Worcester dialect..."Soda was "Pop" and a Grinder was a "Hoogie" or "Sub". I remember having my first taste of "Moxie"...Meeting "Uncle Jack" and 2 to 3 older children...maybe late teens or early 20's...this was before President Kennedy died b/c I remember his Picture hanging on the Wall...Great Aunt Helen gave my Dad...his Father's Grave Service USA Flag...dated 1938 with 40 Stars...I have it today...I'm the "family historian" Ha, ha!I started with Ancestry back in 1994 after my daughter was born...only have 4 names...Helen J. Carroll nee DELANEY (what was your Mom's middle name?) John Carroll, James Henry DELANEY (your Mom's brother) my father's father...I'm named after. And the last name I had was Ellen "Ruby" Delaney nee COONEY...my Dad's Mom...of Chicopee, Mass. Its so sad that everyone seemed to have passed away before I was old enough to know them...it was only a few years after I met your Family before your Mother had died in 1965 and my Dad died only two years after that...in 1967 at the Holy Cross Football Game on Dec 2 against Boston College up at Worcester. My Dad really like his Football Games...even in the snowy winters. Crazy. Getting Frostbite sitting in some College Stadium. Well I was just going to break the ice and send a short "Hello" to you, hope you are well...and if you could "Think of any stories or whatever comes up...What was your Mom like...it must have been tough to have a older Sister-"Hazel, Margaret Shannon nee DELANEY" dying in 1915 at only 21 years old of TB and only losing her young husband Raymond F. SHANNON 4 years before and giving birth of their only son in 1912-Raymond Jr. Did you ever meet your Mother's Mom-Margaret Delaney, Bohen nee BOURKE (Burke) who died in 1934...living at # 7 Lexington Street...of course Worcester has changed a lot...the poor trees are all cut down cuz of those beetles!!! I'm rambling...but hope to hear from you! Patrica have a wonderful week...Peace to you & your Family, jim "henry" delaney.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
James Delaney 9 May 2011 4:03AM GMT 
James Delaney 15 Apr 2012 5:59AM GMT 
apslatin 16 Apr 2012 3:53AM GMT 
apslatin 16 Apr 2012 3:55AM GMT 
peck_patricia 23 Oct 2012 2:02AM GMT 
James Delaney 12 Aug 2013 5:55AM GMT 
lynnshelter 12 Aug 2013 2:03AM GMT 
James Delaney 15 Aug 2013 3:35AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions