Search for content in message boards

Need MASS Vital-Marriage Recs of Margaret (Carroll) Booth & Richard Goguen

Replies: 7

Re: Need MASS Vital-Marriage Recs of Margaret Booth nee Carroll & Richard Goguen

Posted: 14 Aug 2013 9:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 15 Aug 2013 7:17AM GMT
Hello Debbie Parris...how surprised I was to hear from you...I've been doing this since 1994 with Ancestry...trying to get a fix on how small my father's side of the family was. I only had Great Aunt Helen's name...she was the youngest daughter born on 31 Oct 1898 in Worcester to my Great Grandparents Patrick Henry Delaney born 17 March 1860 from Queen's Co. Ireland...and Great Grandmother-Margaret A. BOURKE (Burke) born May 1866 in Kells, Castletown District, Co.Meath, Ireland. Patrick arrived in New York on 05 March 1881 alone 20 years only...on the RMS Britannia. Margaret arriveled with her Family in Boston in April 1884. Family consist of her father-William, mother-Margaret (Sweeney), Bridget 20 yrs. abt 1864, Mary, Anna, Patrick. SO...I believed I met your Mom, when I was only 8 years old around 1960 when my Father stopped by your Grandmother's home and Great Aunt Helen had white hair and was smiling and giving hugs...it was the very first time we as kids met a relative of my Dad. Aunt Helen gave us my Dad's, his Father's US. Flag that was used during the 1938 Furneral in Chicopee, Mass. My Father was 15 years old back then...funny that was my age when my Dad died back in 1967 at a Holy Cross Football vs Boston College. Uncle Jack gave my little brother-Bob a ride home to Connecticut from Worcester, Mass....when all this happened, everything seems like a blur. Great Aunt Helen your Grandmother died in 1964...I believe there was a lot more to the extended Families than just 4 names...Now I done research on the Delaney/Delany, Carroll, Cahir, Shannon, Buckley, Leonards, Cooney, Harrop, Haslam, Haslem, Malone, Booth, Goguen, Krupasvista, Johnson, McGrath, McGrail, Meade, Sweeney, So...I actually wrote a better "Note" a few nights ago BUT hit the "Wrong" button AND lost everything...But how's your Family and your Mom-Margaret? How many siblings do you have? I'm so use to writing to clerks at libraries...this is different...I'm alittle taken back...so many questions-my mind goes blank...this is when "I lost the last note...", but do you have any photos that could be scanned? or stories etc about anyone before I actually talk or write your Mom. I need some prep...I'm a ex-Art Director...writing & interviewing I love to listen to...BUT!! I freak inside...stage fright! Ha, ha. You got the image...I've rambled enough for now...I'll sleep on this. But for now...Peace to your Family, Hope you are well...Hope to hear from you. James Henry Delaney...Bye. Jim. P.S. Did you married a PARRIS Relative from Someville/Boston region that had a Welesleyn College connection...Your Grandmother Helen's FATHER's SISTER "Charlotte DELANEY" married in 1890 a R.D. Parris...and the story goes on ??!!! jim.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
James Delaney 9 May 2011 4:03AM GMT 
James Delaney 15 Apr 2012 5:59AM GMT 
apslatin 16 Apr 2012 3:53AM GMT 
apslatin 16 Apr 2012 3:55AM GMT 
peck_patricia 23 Oct 2012 2:02AM GMT 
James Delaney 12 Aug 2013 5:55AM GMT 
lynnshelter 12 Aug 2013 2:03AM GMT 
James Delaney 15 Aug 2013 3:35AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions