Search for content in message boards

HELP FINDING -1823 Londonderry Burial for Revolutionary Patriot - Mbr of the Congregational Church

Replies: 0

HELP FINDING -1823 Londonderry Burial for Revolutionary Patriot - Mbr of the Congregational Church

Posted: 19 Feb 2014 2:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Barrett Fletcher
Jeremiah Barrett lived in Londonderry; he died in 1823, was a recipient of Invalid Pension for his service in the Revolutionary War. I have found reference to only 4 cemeteries in the Londonderry area that were open during that time frame. He had no money for a burial and none for a headstone. It is unlikely any of his children provided a headstone. To date, I have not located a burial place for Jeremiah or his wife who died in 1820. I know that the family lived there as early as 1817. They owned a pew at the Congregational Church:
“”Know all men by these presents that we Lyman Whitman Arington Gibson & John Patterson, Committee all of Londonderry in the county of Windham and state of Vermont in consideration of the sum of thirty dollars received to our full satisfaction of Jeremiah Barrett of Londonderry county and state aforesaid the receipt whereof we do hereby acknowledge have given granted bargained and sold and by them presents do give grant bargain sell alein release convey and confirm unto the said Jeremiah Barrett his heirs and assigns forever a certain wall pew in the Congregational Meeting House in Londonderry a wall pew numbered one ~~~""
Can anyone tell me if this church had a burial yard and if so what is the current name?
I cannot find the graves of Jeremiah Barrett (1747-1823) or his wife Sarah Fletcher Barrett (1747-1820).
Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you. N

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions