Search for content in message boards

William Eastin record of will

Replies: 9

Re: William Eastin record of will

Posted: 13 Feb 2012 6:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Honestly I have noted Eastins with origins from both Philip or Thomas who may or may not have been siblings from/of VA in Illinois,MO,KY,AL,GA,LA ,off the top of my head I cant say what the map looked like at that time but given TN was basically surrounded by those locations it wouldnt seem unreasonable that some were there.Tell me more about the Whitlock neighborhood.I have seen trees that have a lot more children of both said philip and Thomas attached to them but they arent seen in later census,perhaps they would show up in tax lists Im not sure.I honestly have no idea nor have seen a citation how Sarah Whitlock fits in,if there were a will that tied her to the family Ive never heard tell of it.
Two VA wills below the one for John Douglas is assumed to mention the wife of Philip mentioned in the next will.Perhaps you will get something from these.

John Douglas/Douglass

10 Jan 1778. Orange Co., VA. Will of John DOUGLAS names execrs: sons;
Charles DOUGLAS and Thomas DOUGLAS. Wits. are Bryam & Eleanor Ballard, John
Cleveland, Gideon Lee. Children: Charles DOUGLAS (eldest son), Thomas
DOUGLAS, John DOUGLAS, Achillis DOUGLAS, Elizabeth (Eastin), Patty (James),
Judith (Bowcock), Nancy DOUGLAS, Dorcas (Smith), Milley DOUGLAS. Rec. 28
Apr 1794. [Note: He married Judith Moorman ca. 1731.]

[Abstract]

Philip Eastin's will, made June 12, 17 68, probated July 28, 17 68. Abstract: "For the better support of my beloved wife Elizabeth and the maintenance and education of my children which I have by her and also for my son Philip for two years ensuing this date or sooner, he shall be bound as an apprentice to some good and reputable trade.

For the maintenance of my daughter Franky while she lives in the family with my wife Elizabeth or attains to the age of twenty years or marrys, my Negro girl Liddy as her full part of my estate. If Liddy die before my daughter shall be entitled to her, she shall have an equal part with my older daughters.

My estate be kept together undivided till my youngest child attains the age of fourteen years or during my wife's widowhood or natural life, at either of which times I give to my six sons Richard, Johnson, Philip, John, Charles, and Reuben my lands to be divided equally amongst them.

My said wife shall possess and enjoy the houses whereon I now live and 100 acres adjoining the same during her widowhood.

All the rest to be equally divided at the time I have directed my lands to be divided, between my wife if she be living and all my children or their legal representatives.

My loving wife Elizabeth executrix and my son Richard and my friend Johnny Scott executors.

Philip Eastin

Witnesses: Thomas Martin, James Madison, James Walker, James Marsden, Joseph Eve.

"quoting a message board post below"
The Eastin orphans (John, Charles, Reuben, Nancy and Mary) had to be all 14 years old or older by 27 February, 1783, as they were allowed to choose their own guardian, instead of just being assigned one. Charles and Reuben would have been over 16 years old by the time of the 1784 Personal Property Tax lists (taken in mid-1783) as they appear on that list: John would have turned 21 in (late) 1783, as he appears as a separate tithable in the 1784 tax list. Reuben was over 16, but still under 21 in 1784 (1785 tax list). Probably, he was still underage in 1787 (1788 list). Charles probably came of age in 1785-86 (hard to tell exactly due to the incompleteness of the 1786 tax list). The daughters, who were not mentioned in tax lists (nor were they heads of households) are more difficult to approximate birth dates for, and I do not really have enough evidence to try to indicate birth dates for them."

I can tell you children I believe to be sons of Thomas Eastin of Albermarle children born between 1740ish -?maybe 1760ish William,Achilles,Augustine,Stephen,John,Philip.Im sure there were others and probably some females.You can start looking at them.

You are probably looking for a female line married in prior 1781.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
eyeseekdeadpe... 12 Feb 2012 8:11PM GMT 
Bill_Dahnke 13 Feb 2012 11:41AM GMT 
eyeseekdeadpe... 13 Feb 2012 7:36PM GMT 
Bill_Dahnke 13 Feb 2012 10:26PM GMT 
eyeseekdeadpe... 13 Feb 2012 10:50PM GMT 
Bill_Dahnke 14 Feb 2012 12:36AM GMT 
eyeseekdeadpe... 14 Feb 2012 1:17AM GMT 
Bill_Dahnke 14 Feb 2012 2:35AM GMT 
eyeseekdeadpe... 10 Jul 2013 5:22AM GMT 
samtowler 10 Jul 2013 8:53PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions