Search for content in message boards

Zachariah Wood, Harrison Wood, John Wood, Ephraim Seamonds

Replies: 28

Re: Zachariah Wood, Harrison Wood, John Wood, Ephraim Seamonds

Posted: 5 Jan 2013 8:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Zachariah Wood, Harrison Wood, John Wood, Ephraim Seamonds William Wood , Ursula Crane
Hi Gwyn,
I am sorry to say I looked through the book I have and your descendant is not listed. Hopefully someone that reads these post will see a connection. My husbands line is John Wood Sr that for over a year I had listed with William Wood 1735 and Ursula Crane Wood 1733 as his parents. That line went straight back to Michael Marion Wood. I have found it was a common mistake as William and Ursula did have a John. Just not the born in 1763 that married Elizabeth Sunderland. I have been working for several years now with a cousin of my husband. She lives in California but she travels a bit and has been able to pull the John Wood Jr descendants together. Or at least the ones from John's Jr's son Wellington so far and it has been awesome working together and meeting. We had a gathering in Oklahoma in Oct that turned out wonderful. I would have never dreamed that my husband who is from Oklahoma's descendants would be from Albermarle that is only 1.5 hours from where we live now. So now the Wellington Wood descendants want to meet here in Virginia and find any descendants of John that we can. Some are from Mississippi, California, and Texas and Joan Graves would like to come if she is well enough. She has spent her life researching this family for her husband and wrote the book I am using. I am inviting anyone else who would like to join us. I am going to try and hold it at my home 2162 Beahm Lane, Rileyville VA 22650 on Oct 19th 2013. I live on a farm and have plenty of room for 30 or 40 at a time and I would like to make it an all day event. But if it gets to big I may have to move it to a venue. The one in Oklahoma turned out over 100 and we were limited in time as the hall was rented. So I will keep people posted as the time nears as to the probable turn out. We have lots to share as our Wellington line didn't make it to the book as he moved to Mississippi.
Lorane
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
gwynwood 5 Jan 2013 1:56AM GMT 
gwynwood 5 Jan 2013 2:00AM GMT 
rainey340 6 Jan 2013 3:35PM GMT 
gwood22949 6 Jan 2013 5:21PM GMT 
gwood22949 29 Apr 2013 1:27AM GMT 
samtowler 29 Apr 2013 7:54PM GMT 
rainey340 5 Jan 2013 3:28PM GMT 
Bill Wood 26 Jan 2014 2:27AM GMT 
Bill Wood 11 Sep 2014 12:51AM GMT 
per page