Search for content in message boards

John Martin/Elizabeth Lewis family

Replies: 3

John Martin/Elizabeth Lewis

Allen Bell (View posts)
Posted: 23 May 2000 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Martin, Lewis
I know nothing of Major John Martin and Elizabeth Lewis' children, but my genealogy for ALBEMARLE Co. has the children of Thomas Martin b.1714 married to Ann Moorman. Of their children is a Major John Martin who married Elizabeth Lewis (sister of Merriwether Lewis of the Lewis and Clarke Expedition). My ancestor was Charles Martin, the brother of Major John. Charles was the sheriff of ALBEMARLE County after the Revolutionary War. Together with their other brother Major Thomas, Major John and Charles headed for Kentucky in 1782 or 83. Somehow my Charles ended up with relatives in Edgefield District, SC, but, as far as I know his brothers did make it to Kentucky - and I believe other siblings followed as well. I recently visited a web page from a family in Oklahoma that claim descent from the same father of the brothers, but I don't know of which sibling - only that they had settled Kentucky from VA. There site is www.intellex.com/~ronspiez/homepage.htm Myself, I'm trying to better link up these Albemarle Martins w/Captain John Martin, who settled Jamestown in 1607 - and back to England.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
RNallenweg 11 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Allen Bell 23 May 2000 12:00PM GMT 
E. B. Davis 20 Oct 2001 8:15PM GMT 
smelson 6 Mar 2002 11:22PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions