Search for content in message boards

Crown Hill Cemetery

Replies: 3

Re: Crown Hill Cemetery

Posted: 13 May 2013 9:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Lutz, Whitlock, Hanger, Dunlap
Rose, I don't know if you're still looking for Dessie, but I finally found her tonight. I couldn't find her using the names you gave me, but did remember a lady from my church whose name was Dorothy Whitlock Dunlap, so I did an ancestry.com search for her. Eureaka! She was the daughter of Ada Lutz and Jere Fendol Whitlock! When I researched Ada, I found her sister, Dessie, who died in Clifton Forge on 28Jan1905, at the age of 20.

While I couldn't find her burial place, I do know that Dorothy Whitlock Dunlap is buried in Crown Hill Cemetery, so would guess that Dessie is buried there, also.

All of your family members are found in the Stephanie Doroghazi Powell-Moulds Family Tree on ancestry.com There are family photos, including 2 of Dessie and one of her chld.

So sorry I couldn't find this before your trip, but just wanted you to know I hadn't forgotten about you. I still don't know what made me think of Dot Dunlap, because she was much older than I was, and I only knew her by her married name; however, I finally remembered that she had a brother who was a house painter, and who's last name was Whitlock. In fact, he used to live across the street from me when I was a little girl, and Dot and I went to the same Presbyterian Church, where she played piano and organ.

Please let me know if you find the family tree Dessie's in. If not, I'll scan the info and send it to you in an email. Hope this helps with your family research.

Sincerely,

Donna Craft
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
rosec0949 10 Aug 2012 2:04AM GMT 
dgibby45 11 Aug 2012 3:02AM GMT 
rosec0949 11 Aug 2012 2:29PM GMT 
dgibby45 14 May 2013 3:17AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic