Search for content in message boards

Baker line of Amelia County-1740's

Replies: 14

Re: Baker line of Amelia County-1740's

Posted: 28 Sep 2010 11:29AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello Jan, we are researching our James RICE line in Prince Edward County and in your Generation 3 it looks like we might be related. We can only go from when the RICE-BAKER line moved to Missouri in the 1830's. We know our James RICE's father was Caleb BAKER possibly married to Jane THOMSON. James had a son Peter RICE who married Jane Francis THOMAS in either NC or KY. Peter and Jane's son Alexander Henry RICE and his wife Alice Elizabeth Mary BARNUM were married in Callaway County, Cedar City, Missouri Sep 1, 1880; they are my ggrandparents and are buried in the Union Cemetery there (see Find-A-Grave). Peter moved his family to Arkansas during the Civil War because they were Confederate, but moved back to their farm in Callaway County after the war. James RICE did bring slaves to Callaway County with him because my Mom remembers her grandfather Alex talking about how well his grandfather treated his slaves. What we have been researching for over twenty years is the progenitor of the RICE-BAKER line; just when the families came to America and where they first settled. I was so happy to see your post and hope we have a connection. I can be reached at sjb1721@charter.net Thanks so much for your extensive post; it is people like you that keep up the good work so that those that came before us will be remembered. I love USGW's 'Colonial Ancestors' portion and hope to post all of our family that were here prior to 1890. Sharon Braun (Schmidt-Rice-Baker-Brosius-Barnum)and that's just part of the maternal side.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
IndiaWolf547 29 Jan 2014 4:28PM GMT 
maurydswart 29 Jan 2014 2:41AM GMT 
imshedevil200... 29 Jan 2014 2:58PM GMT 
sjb1721 28 Sep 2010 5:29PM GMT 
sjb1721 28 Sep 2010 5:35PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic