Search for content in message boards

Richard Yarbrough and Frances Proctor

Replies: 8

Will of Richard Yarborough who md. Frances Proctor

Posted: 14 Mar 2001 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 20 Mar 2002 6:21AM GMT
Surnames: Yarborough, Proctor
The following will of Richard Yarborough was made in England in 1639, as the earliest record that we have in the US for Richard Yarborough the immigrant was 1640, the Richard of this will (who is the one who md. Frances Proctor)is NOT our Richard Yarborough, the immigrant. This will was uncovered a couple of years ago by an English researcher, Peter Yerbergh, who is involved in an exhaustive ongoing search of the Yarborough family in England. As of this date, to my knowledge, no one has proven just who our Richard Yarborough was or which Yarborough family in England he came from.
The Will of Richard Yarborough Dated 31st Oct. 1639
Proved Jan 1639/40
In the name of God Amen. The last day of Anno October dm 1639 Et Carolimn Angli drimo Quinto. I, Richard Yarborough of Willoughbie of the county of Nottingham, gent,doe ordeyne
and make this my last will and testa'mt in manner and forme followinge. First, and above all things bequeathinge my Soule to the God of all Soules,the maker, redeemer, and sanctifier thereof, and my bodie I give to be buried at the discrecon of the Executors of this, my last will and testa'mt, hopinge that in the great day of the Lord to be made partaker of the blessed Resurrection when it shall be sayd by all the Judge of the world Come yee blessed of my Father, Receave the kingdom prepared for you before the beginning of the world. And as touching the disposing of my mannors, Mesuages,Lands and Tene'mts Wheresoever My will and mynd is and I do hereby give and bequeath unto FRANCES my well beloved wife All that my manors or lordship with the appmtences in Willoughbie aforesayed, and all my lands tene'mts closes meadowes pastures feedinge grounds whatsoever in Willoughbie aforesayd or in Norwell, sutton or carlton in the sayd county of Nott for and during the natural life (Alwayes Saveinge and Reservinge unto my Deare and Well Beloved Mother ELIZABETH HACKER all such right interest estate terme of yeares rents revercons and due demands as shall the sayd ELIZABETH hath or of righte may or ought to challenge of in or unto the sayd premises or any part or parts thereof) and I doe hereby as farforth as is in my power will and devise the inheritance of all and signular my Mannors mesauges lands tene'mts hereditamts and premisses whatsoen unto my two daughters ELIZABETH YARBOROUGH and MARIE YARBOROUGH and their sayd good Mother all such her sayd interest statmts and due demands as she hath or ought to have of or in any the sayd premisses. And as touching my personall estate, first I give and bequeathe unto EDWARD YARBOROUGH, my youngest brother, twenty pounds to be payd unto him by myn executors within six months after he shall come forth out of his app'ntiship. Item I give unto the poore people of several parishes or townships of Norwell, Woodhouse, Carleton upon Trent, Sutton Upon Trent, Cromwell,North Muskkham, and Caunton, fourtn shillings apiece to be distributed within one year after my decease at ye discrecon of myn executors to any of the sayd townes All the rest of my goods not hereby formally bequeathed (my debts funeral charges first disbursed and defrayed)I give and bequeathe unto my sayd Deare wife, and I make and ordeyne her and EDWARD PROCTOR, gent, her father, Executors of this my last will and testa'mt And in witness thereof I have hereunto set my hand and Seale the day and year first above written. /s/ Richard Yarborough
Wit: THOMAS ROKSBY, GEORGE SMALL, WILLIAM STERTEVANT,Jr.,WILLIAM CLAY, JOHN TURTH (?)

Earlier wills which Peter Yerbergh has uncovered show that the above mentioned Richard Yarborough who md. Frances Proctor was s/o Hercy Yarborough and his wife Elizabeth Woodnett. Hercy was s/o an earlier Charles Yarborough.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Zobeegood 11 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT 
JeanetteHowel... 12 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT 
AnnBroadbent5... 13 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT 
JeanetteHowel... 14 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT 
AnnBroadbent5... 14 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT 
JeanetteHowel... 15 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT 
KCollins2640 26 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT 
cherylraymel 15 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT 
pjkh1 12 Jul 2013 1:46PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic