Search for content in message boards

Ancestors of John Wright (Goochland County Carpenter) and 1767 Francis Wright of Amherst County

Replies: 0

Ancestors of John Wright (Goochland County Carpenter) and 1767 Francis Wright of Amherst County

Posted: 31 Aug 2012 11:43AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Sep 2012 7:23AM GMT
Surnames: wright
Dear Fellow Researchers:

In Sorting Some Of The Wrights Of Southern Virginia, Part II: John Wright (Goochland County Carpenter) the family of this John Wright and his wife Judith (Easly) Wright was discussed.

Recent insightful research by Doug Rusmisell has identified the wife of John Wright (Goochland County Carpenter) as properly Judith (Barnes) Wright, the daughter of John Barnes and Sarah (Raibone) (Barnes) Easley and the step-daughter of Warham Easley.

In Sorting Some Of The Wrights Of Southern Virginia, Part VII: 1767 Francis Wright Of Amherst County the family of this Francis Wright and his wife Mary (Hawkins) Wright was discussed.

The Wright DNA Project at http://www.wright-dna.org/ shows the descendants of John Wright (Goochland County Carpenter) and 1767 Francis Wright of Amherst County as having near identical Y-DNA sequences (matching at 36 of 37 points), indicating a common ancestor from one to three generations back from each.

In prior postings I have proposed that 1767 Francis Wright of Amherst County was probably a son of Francis Wright, Jr., and Anne (_____) Wright and a grandson of 1690 Francis Wright of Lancaster County.

I have recently completed a draft of the evidence and arguments identifying John Wright (Goochland County Carpenter) as the son of 1730 John Wright of Goochland County and grandson of 1690 Francis Wright of Lancaster County.

Since the descendants of John Wright (Goochland County Carpenter) and 1767 Francis Wright of Amherst County have matching Y-DNA, this identification for John Wright (Goochland County Carpenter) also confirms the identification of 1767 Francis Wright of Amherst County as a son of Francis Wright, Jr., and grandson of 1690 Francis Wright of Lancaster County.

The draft of this identification is a little long to incorporate into a posting, but I will be happy to send a pdf of the draft material to anyone who would like to see it. Just send me a note.

Best wishes,

Robert N. Grant
15 Campo Bello Court
Menlo Park, CA 94025
RNGrant@grantandgordon.com

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions