Search for content in message boards

sarah ann watts burnett of lynchburg/amhurst co, va. & norfolk, va.

Replies: 1

sarah ann watts burnett of lynchburg/amhurst co, va. & norfolk, va.

Posted: 28 Feb 2013 11:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Feb 2013 11:25PM GMT
Surnames: watts, burnett
i am seeking information on a sarah ann elizabeth watts of lynchburg / amherst co., born 1828-32, died 1890 in norfolk, virginia.

she was married to george w. burnett (born 1830? in virginia, amherst co. most likely), with children: jesse burnett (went on to live in terre haute, indiana, according to family letters), samuel burnett (no information on him), william w burnett (b. suffolk, va 1866, d. boston, ma 1919, m. maggie d. elliott 1890 & rachel gladys meek in 1909), charles a burnett (b. 1853 amherst co, d. 1925 in norfolk, m. hattie smith matthews), and mary elizabeth burnett (who is my relative, b. 1860 in amherst, d. 1925 in norfolk, m. edward p anderson).

according to old family her father was a methodist minister and she grew up around lynchburg, although george burnett died soon and the children spent much of their time elsewhere (written that charles a. burnett lived with sarah watts friends, the norfleets in suffolk, va). records list either a "b.a. watts" or "jacob watts" as her father but i can find no record of either, besides a methodist minister jacob watts who died before she was born and resided in albemarle, and an active methodist watts in lynchburg, col. james winston watts, who is her age so cannot be her father.

if you have any information i would greatly appreciate it.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
cbr_jackson 1 Mar 2013 6:22AM GMT 
Midge1120 5 Mar 2013 2:51PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic