Search for content in message boards

Pletzer, Spletzer, Spletar, Splezer, Spletcer, Splectcer, Franklin

Replies: 0

Pletzer, Spletzer, Spletar, Splezer, Spletcer, Splectcer, Franklin

Posted: 12 Dec 2011 3:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have been trying to find out whether a relative of mine Mary F Franklin b 1845 in Baltimore is the same person with all the spellings as above. 1870 census has Mary F and Lewis Spletar with 2 kids Annie L & William H. 1880 census I finally found Mary and Louis Splezer with 5 kids Ann L, Helen, Florence, Sarah E & Ella. In 1898 Baltimore County Democrat obituary I found Larkin Franklin (Mary's father) died while getting ready to attend son in law Louis Spletzer's funeral who had died 2 days earlier. Go to 1900 census where I find Mary Pletzer with her daughter Stella and Stella's 4 kids with her. Stella was Sarah Estella I found out later which would be the Sarah E. Mary it said had 9 children of which 2 survived. That would be Sarah E and I have found an Ella F Spletcer or Splectcer (it was written both ways on the same marriage license) who married a Charles Staisloff. in the 1910 census I found one of Stella's children living with the Staisloff's and have him listed as nephew. Also in 1910 found Mary Pletzer living with Frederick Pfaff as mother in law and he is a widower. Found out later his wife's name was Sarah Estella Pfaff. In 1920 census found Mary Plitzer it was listed as but can plainly see it says Pletzer living with a cousin John Wamsley and Wamsley was Mary's Mother's maiden name whose name was also Sarah E. So to close out this long story I am trying to find out if all these names truly are Mary Franklin and secondly which one is the real one and third where she might be buried at. Thanks for any info. I am gonna post this on several boards.

I also have this ;FRANKLIN, LARKIN Mr. Larkin Franklin, aged eighty years, died Wednesday at his home, in Arlington, from a complication of diseases. His death was very sudden. His son-in-law, Mr. Louis Spletzer? of Powhatan, died on Monday and Mr. Franklin's family had prepared to attend Mr. Spletzer's funeral at McKendree
Church, Arlington, when Mr. Franklin's death occurred. Mr. Franklin was born in this county, where he had lived all his life. He was a well-known gardener. He is survived by a widow and five children.

If anyone knows of this church and can look up any records for it to see where Lewis Spletzer was buried maybe his wife and/or kids are with him. Any info appreaciated. Thanks in advance.

John Garrity

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions