Search for content in message boards

DODDRIDGE BAILEY

Replies: 6

Re: Belcher/Bellshee

Nina (View posts)
Posted: 22 Mar 2002 11:15AM GMT
Classification: Query
I am a descendent of Robert James Belshee through his son Joseph.

I believe that David Sr. died in Linn Co, MO but have been unable to find death or cemetery records for him. Two other descendants of David also believe he died there. Together we have established that the children of David & Eleanor (Asbury) Belshee include: our Robert James, b. 1 June 1815: David Belshee, Jr. b. about 1810; Jane Belshee b. 27 June 1811 who m. Robert Smith & d. in Linn Co, MO in 1867. I also "suspect" that there is another sister - maybe Mary or Polly b. abt. 1809 who m. a Smith Ward, but have not been able to document this yet.

About the spelling of the surname: in documents or extracts thereof that I have seen out of Tazewell Co, VA, the name changes from Bellshire/ Belshire to the Belshee or Belshe spelling, often in the same document. The name is sometimes writen as Belcher or Belsher in census records, but one has to be VERY careful as there were Belchers in Tazewell Co, VA that are not related to our family.

Also, are you aware that Joseph & Charles H, sons of Robert James, had a sister named Causby who evidently left IL and settled in OH?

I have been unable to find a record of Robert & Ellen Smiths m. in IL. Do you have this documentation?

In answer to the question about Tabitha, information that I have "gleaned" indicates that Tabitah is the sister of our Eleanor "Nellie" and both are children of George Asbury & Mary Ann Taylor. I have not documented this as of yet.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Becky Barreca 8 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT 
sainaz 3 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT 
N_Dejmal 31 Dec 2001 7:12PM GMT 
SD1923 9 Jan 2002 8:55AM GMT 
WORFEMERALD 22 Mar 2002 4:17PM GMT 
Nina 22 Mar 2002 6:15PM GMT 
tschoon2010 28 May 2013 8:42PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions