Search for content in message boards

Jacob and Barbara Lindamude Sheets

Replies: 2

Jacob and Barbara Lindamude Sheets

Posted: 19 Nov 2011 8:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Sheets
I have done quite extensive research on my maternal 5th great-grandparents. I am descended through their son, Phillip Sheets, who died in Clinton County, Indiana in the 1870s. There is alot of confusion between another Sheets family who had a son, also named Phillip, that was born roughly 3 years before my 4th great-grandfather was born in 1801. I know that in addition to Phillip that Jacob and Barbara had two other sons: Samuel and Joseph. Jacob died in the mid-1830s and is buried in Augusta County but location is unknown. His wife followed her two oldest sons to Clinton County, Indiana with Joseph who was just a teenager when his father died and she is buried in a cemetery outside Frankfort, Indiana. I am looking for additional information on other siblings of Phillips. There is roughly a 14 year age gap between Samuel and Joseph and indications are that Jacob and Barbara were married in the early 1790s. I would expect a much larger family but I havent been able to identify any other siblings so far due to the confusion with the other Sheets family. I would appreciate any information that someone might have on my great-grandparents Jacob and Barabara.

thanks,
Brent Smith
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
alzibiades 20 Nov 2011 3:25AM GMT 
sheatsp 9 Mar 2013 9:21PM GMT 
lasheets1 23 Jul 2013 7:42PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic