Search for content in message boards

George and Marmaduke Brown

Replies: 10

Re: George and Marmaduke Brown

Posted: 17 Apr 2013 7:55AM GMT
Classification: Query
DNA testing (so far) has shown that there were five different/unrelated Brown families in Culpeper Co., VA in the 1700/1800s. Those families were/are: DNA "Groups" 10, 33, 47,55 and 107 at the Brown Genealogy Society DNA testing project website (note: a women in "Group 10" named Phoebe Brown married a man in "Group 47" named John Brown in the Culpeper Co., VA area). I just did a "search the entire database" search for Original Brown, and nothing was shown. I can only assume that no one who can trace his line back to Original Brown has taken the DNA test (via Family Tree DNA anyway, which is the testing company that is used by the Brown Genealogy Society). I do not see an obvious connection between any of the above five Brown families (as shown by DNA testing) in Culpeper and the family of Original Brown....but without a DNA test on a living male Brown member of Original Brown's family, I just do not know for sure.

I wish that a living male Brown who is out of the family of Original Brown would take the 37 marker Y chromosome test. That is a large VA Brown family that APPARENTLY is not currently represented in the DNA testing project....and that is a sad and unfortunate situation.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
tunnelm1 17 Apr 2013 1:55PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic