Search for content in message boards

George Carns & Felty Houk (Hoak) - Bedford Co VA Land Grant 1815

Replies: 13

Re: George Carns & Felty Houk (Hoak) - Bedford Co VA Land Grant 1815

Posted: 17 Jun 2013 7:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Houck, Tipton, Houk
I LOVE all the information in your post! There is lots to learn here. I noticed something in your post which does not agree with the history our family has, and I thought you might be interested in comparing notes:

I am the great-granddaughter of John Franklin (not Fraser) Houck and Elnora A Tipton. We believe John Franklin to be the son of the Reverend John F. Houck, son of Valentine "Felty" Houck, rather than the son of Gabriel Houck. (We agree on their marriage information.)

You have the Reverend John F. Houck, as John E. He did marry Mary Emeline Montgomery, and they are buried in Houck Cemetery in Gallia County Ohio. I have a couple of photos of them and their headstone on my tree. We were there last year, and were lucky to find the house which in is our picture still standing.

There certainly are a great many Houcks, are there not? I hope your find this information useful. Thank you again for all your work!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
mary4nppd 18 Jun 2013 1:47AM GMT 
Mary Houck 21 Jul 2006 7:05PM GMT 
mary4nppd 18 Jun 2013 1:45AM GMT 
bonniejohanne... 6 Feb 2012 5:28AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions