Search for content in message boards

Elisha B. Taylor

Replies: 1

Re: Elisha B. Taylor

Posted: 25 Feb 2012 12:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Taylor, Bowles
Elisha B Taylor (Apr. 27, 1819) was my great great grandfather. My sources indicate he died in Franklin county Virginia in 1880. Does the Family Bible list his parents? My sources indicate his parents were Edward or Edmond Tayor and Polly Bowles but there were a lot of Taylors and Bowles in Bedford county at that time and many cousins had the same first names. I can give you one fact about Elisha Taylor you may not know, he was a deserter from the confederate army as were many young men from western Virginia. He had five or six childern by the beginning of the war, and I think his brother in law James Bowes was killed in the Civil war. The 1864 probate of the Will of Benjamine Bowes notes that a new executor had to be appointed because the two named coexecutors, his son, James Bowles, was deceased and his son-in-law,Elisha Taylor, was a deserter from the Confederate Army. My Tree is open and you can view it if you want to. I am interested in any Family History and particularly any geneological information from the Bible. Thanks
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Michael J. Taylor 2 Feb 2005 3:28PM GMT 
jaygtaylor1 25 Feb 2012 7:20PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions