Search for content in message boards

The Adams Family of Botetourt Co., VA

Replies: 3

The Adams Family of Botetourt Co., VA

Posted: 11 Jan 2012 8:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
I would like to speak to anyone who has any Adams family members that are from Botetourt Co., Virginia. Especially Adams family that lived there in the 1700's and 1800's.

I'm trying to compile a list of all Adams family members from Virginia to see if and how they might be connected.

Also I'm trying to learn more about a Joseph Adams who married an Elizabeth Seagraves in 1792 in Botetourt Co., VA.

#1) Did they live there prior to being married? And, if so, then that's why they got married there? How long did they stay there after their marriage?

#2) Did they live somewhere else ( like in VA,NC, or PA for example)and only came to Botetourt just to be married? Maybe they had their wedding at an Uncle's house or something.

#3) Who were Joseph's parents? Did they live in Botetourt Co? Were they alive at the time Joseph got married?

#4) Did Joseph have brother's and/or sisters? If so, who were they and were they from Botetourt Co.?

#5) Did Joseph ever own land in Botetourt Co.? If so - where did he live? Was this after 1792? Did he sell this land after 1800? I think the family picked up and left Virginia about 1808 or 1809.

#6) Joseph had a will - but what was in it?

#7) Did Elizabeth leave a will too? Who inherited the estate of the parents?

#8) When did Elizabeth die exactly and where is she buried? Nobody can seem to find her.

#9) Where and when did Joseph die? What became of him? We assume he died in the Yellow Fever epidemic because something is mentioned in the Bible about that is the reason why they came back to Virginia. Just no specifics. Could he have survived and just did not return with his wife and sons?

#10) I believe Elizabeth's parents ( Samuel Seagraves and Mary Rodgers ) ended up in Kentucky. They may have traveled with their daughter and son-in-law. All trying to get to Missouri. But I have no clue about them either.

There are just so many questions and no answers. That's why I'm leaving posts all over the place. One day somebody will look on here and see something that "clicks". I just know it. If you don't put your information out there then nobody will make a connection. One day I will have the answers I need to solve this mystery.

I thank you in advance for reading all of this.
Christie Adams

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
McKinster007 11 Jan 2012 3:26PM GMT 
AnnLogan44 17 Jul 2012 3:57AM GMT 
McKinster007 17 Jul 2012 8:39AM GMT 
doreatr 3 Aug 2012 1:54PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic