Search for content in message boards

Baker, Joseph

Replies: 8

Re: Baker, Joseph/Absolom Baker

Posted: 9 Sep 2012 11:36AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Karen,
This is Baker researcher Jan Swart again. I have not researched this information directly since it's not my direct line but do show in my notes that Absalom Dempsey Baker was the great grandson of Samuel Baker and Mary Hodnett Baker of Bedford County, Virginia.(my Glover Baker's brother, who also lived in Bedford County, VA).
A son of Samuel Baker and Mary Hodnett Baker then was Samuel Baker who married Betsy Trent. Their children were Elijah, Sydney, Susanna, Lucy Ann, Ann, James A. and **Samuel Baker-who married Anna Vance/Lance?-d WV.
Samuel and Anna's children were: Peter, *Absalom Dempsey, Michael, John Samuel, Robert, Lewis, Moses, Wm Hoff Baker, Samuel, Sarah J.

Absalom Dempsey Baker seems to have been a farmer in Nicholas County. W.V. He was in the Civil War as a private in the year 1864. According to a piece written in Nicholas County his brother Robert was in the Confederate Army. It looks to me that John, Lewis, Robert and Michael might have all been in the Confederate Army in the 22nd Infantry Virginia.
Absalom Dempsey Baker married Mary Backhouse as you say.
Their children are Livania (Ramsey), Levi N, Ocala, Alferd, Alice and John G. Baker.
I do have a small picture of Absalom Dempsey Baker if you are interested in seeing it, please contact me by e-mail and I will forward it.
janswart2000@yahoo.com
Note: As far as I know Absalom Cornelius Dempsey, the preacher,is not a relative but Absalom Dempsey Baker seems to be named after him, doesn't he?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ckm_1 10 Jan 2002 10:23PM GMT 
Merrie Morrison 7 Sep 2003 10:14AM GMT 
ChrisMcCune31 20 Sep 2003 10:52PM GMT 
janswart2000 8 Sep 2012 9:06PM GMT 
KesslerWV 9 Sep 2012 1:22PM GMT 
janswart2000 9 Sep 2012 5:36PM GMT 
janswart2000 17 Jan 2013 12:14PM GMT 
Chauna 20 Jun 2005 4:26AM GMT 
ckm126 21 Jun 2005 11:13PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions