Search for content in message boards

Joseph Daniel, Betsy Daniel in St. Andrews Parish

Replies: 0

Joseph Daniel, Betsy Daniel in St. Andrews Parish

Posted: 12 Aug 2012 1:28AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Aug 2012 1:39AM GMT
Surnames: Daniel
I am struggling to find information about a Joseph Daniel and Betsy Daniel. They show up in the 1860 Census, in St. Andrews Parish, living with Mack Daniel (b. abt 1851). In 1870, in Red Oak, Brunswick County, they are still living with Mack Daniel and a Sarah Daniel (b. abt 1863).

I believe Mack Daniel is Mack Doyle Daniel who married Mary Frances Laffoon of Lunenburg County in 1873.

I originally thought that this Joseph Daniel was the same Joseph Daniel who was born in 1800, grandson of Joseph Daniel born in 1723. The 1723 Joseph Daniel had two sons, Thomas and Joseph II (b. 1765) and this Joseph III was born in 1800. A Joseph Daniel died in 1832. Some say it was Joseph II. Others say it was Joseph III.

You may see how I've gotten confused... I cannot link the Joseph Daniel living with Betsy and Mack with any of the Joseph Daniels in St. Andrews Parish prior to 1850. I'm not sure I need to. But the dates seem roughly consistent enough to where I could guess the following occurred:

Joseph II b. 1765 d. 1832; m. Sally Cordle, son: Joseph Daniel III
Joseph Daniel III, b. 1800 d. ?; m. Betsy LNU; son: Mack Daniel

That would mean Joseph III was 50ish when he had Mack and 57ish when he had Sarah Daniel. Entirely possible, and married Betsy late or she was a second wife. A widower Joseph Daniel is 85 and living with his brother Cory, sister Sallie and a Sarah Daniel (age 15) in Red Oak in 1880.

Can anyone shed some light to sort this out for me? I would appreciate it greatly!

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions