Search for content in message boards

Looking for County map that shows White Oak Creek

Replies: 23

Re: Looking for County map that shows White Oak Creek

Posted: 10 May 2012 6:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Wray
Jim,
Thanks so much for the information you sent. The maps showed me where George wray and Baker Wray's property was located. I did not know whi8ch part of Quarrel Swamp George's property was located but thought if it was located near Coldwater Run where William Wray lowed land then that to me is even more proof that William Wray was George's father. Baker lived very near George and we know Baker was the son of William since William and his wife Anne gave Baker and his wife Lucy land in a deed of gift in 1765. I thought if George's land was near what is now Greensville county itwould have been farther away from Willaim Wray's property although I guess that really would not have meant anything since the land near what is now Greensville co Va might have been all that was left but apparently there was plent of land left in 1771 along Quarrel Swamp since George received a patent then. Maybe there no more land left on coldwater Run so George land as close to William's land as possible and that was on Quarrel Swamp. I am still wondering about oen thing though. George Wray and a Henry Yarbrough sold land in 1769 to William Ledbetter. George bought land from Henry Yarbrough on the same day. I did find a deed where a Henry Yarbrough bought that land in 1758 but George Wray's name was not on the deed but when Henry Yarbrough sold the land in 1769 George Wray's name was on the deed when they sold the land. I can't find anything that shows how George ended up owning part of that land. Maybe I can try to find court records. thanks again for all the help. the information you sent me is really appreciated. Ross
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
RossSmith53 6 May 2012 1:38AM GMT 
RossSmith53 11 May 2012 12:18AM GMT 
jwterry 16 May 2008 1:53PM GMT 
RossSmith53 7 Jun 2008 4:25AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic