Search for content in message boards

Looking for County map that shows White Oak Creek

Replies: 21

Looking for County map that shows White Oak Creek

Posted: 16 Nov 2007 9:54AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Upchurch, Davenport, McSwain, Perrine, Warren, Newton
Though I read the previous item requesting info on White Oak Creek, the TOPO map isn't what I'm hunting... instead I'd like to find a map of Brunswick County with WHITE OAK CREEK listed on it.

My UPCHURCHes lived in Brunswick County, VA, and according to a land record, the land was

on the north side of White Oak Creek

I know this is a vague description and if anyone is savvy about degrees and locating plats, I'd certainly appreciate your help in pinpointing just where this 400 acres was located.

The following is taken from the land document:
... parcel of land containing four hundred acres lying and being in the County of Brunswick on the North side of White Oak Creek and bounded as followeth, to wit, Beginning at Joseph Yarbrough’s corner red Oak thence along his sine south thirty one Degrees West, one hundred and twenty two Poles to a black gum on White Oak Creek thence down the said Creek as it meanders to a Live Oak on the same thence north eighty three Degrees East twenty four Poles to Richard Ledbetters’s corner red Oak, thence along his Sine South eighty seven Degrees East one hundred and twenty Poles to a Hiccory, thence off North fifteen Degrees East one hundred and sixty Poles to a black Jack , thence North fifty one Degrees West two hundred and eighty eight Poles to a white Oak, thence South forty seven Degrees West fifty six Poles to the beginning.

Thanks much,
Mae Cox in Oklahoma
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
MaeCox 16 Nov 2007 4:54PM GMT 
jwterry99 16 Nov 2007 8:04PM GMT 
MaeCox 16 Nov 2007 8:53PM GMT 
fdbarr1 18 Nov 2007 5:31PM GMT 
MaeCox 18 Nov 2007 6:38PM GMT 
fdbarr1 18 Nov 2007 7:08PM GMT 
MaeCox 18 Nov 2007 8:01PM GMT 
eugene_daniel 18 Nov 2007 10:35PM GMT 
jwterry99 18 Nov 2007 11:48PM GMT 
MaeCox 19 Nov 2007 2:50AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions