Search for content in message boards

James Rowe Sr.

Replies: 4

Re: James Rowe Sr.

Posted: 16 Oct 2011 2:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Rowe, Slone
Hi, Clyde.

I'm decended from James Sr's son, Solomon. What I have found so far is that James Sr's wife's given name was Elizabeth and Bettie was what they called her. I have that he was b in 1753 in Culpepper Co. and he married Bettie in 1791 in Giles Co, VA. I'm not sure how accurate this is. My family believes James was an immigrant. I got this info on www.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~kyfloyd/familyflies/rowetree.htm

I was hoping maybe you had found updated info? We have speculation that further back, possible links to Richard del Rowe, Mayor of Macclesfield, England (around 1363). Someone married Sir Francis Drake. And Rowe (though our family tradition considers us Irish and Dutch), is an English name dating to sometime around the 2nd century AD and means "one of Rowland", who we believe was a lord or something. Any more info? Also, how certain are we about George Rowe being James Sr's father? I hadn't been able to find anything. Thanks!

Jessica Cansino

P.S. I am specifically looking for when the line immigrated into the U.S., from where, and why?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
bub4_60 9 May 2002 12:01AM GMT 
jm_rowe7 16 Oct 2011 8:25PM GMT 
CRoweJr 19 Oct 2011 3:26AM GMT 
llrowe 3 May 2013 7:12PM GMT 
jm_rowe7 16 Oct 2011 8:25PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions