Search for content in message boards

Information on Marriage of Rueben Hughes and Delilah Beverly(NOT SURE OF HER MAIDEN NAME)

Replies: 0

Information on Marriage of Rueben Hughes and Delilah Beverly(NOT SURE OF HER MAIDEN NAME)

Posted: 12 Jun 2013 11:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 14 Jun 2013 7:14AM GMT
Surnames: Beverly, Hughes
I have been searching on ancestry.com database for a marriage record for my great great great grandparents Reuben Hughes and Delilah Hughes. I think her maiden name was Beverly. Their daughter Mildred married Thomas Giles of Massies Mill, VA. I found them (Delilah and Reuben)in the 1880 census living in South River, Augusta County, Va. Reuben was born in Nelson County in either 1847 or 1857 and Delilah was born in 1857 in Nelson or Amherst. I thought they were married in Amherst but someone went to the courthouse and did not find any record of their record at Amherst County Courthouse. So now I am back to square one I don't know if they were married in Nelson County or Augusta or in 1874 all I know they were in South River Augusta in 1880 census after that I cant find Rueben or Delilah again. I was told her last name was Beverly and she born in 1858. Some say that Delaware Beverly was her father, I can't find that connection. Can someone please help me find their marriage record and the information on their marriage record and Delilah last name and her parents? Also Delilah and Reuben disappear after 1883, in the 1900 census their children are living with their oldest brother Charles H. Hughes in Massies Mill. He leaves Nelson County and moves to Amherst,VA.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions