Search for content in message boards

Sharps Creek - Muddy Creek - Centenary - looking for family and homesite photos

Replies: 0

Sharps Creek - Muddy Creek - Centenary - looking for family and homesite photos

Posted: 24 Jul 2013 12:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Winfrey, Robertson, Maxey, Self, Tapscott, Baber, Bransford, Norvell, Tindall, Howell, Agee, Ayres
I am looking for anyone interested in sharing late 19th - early 20th century photos from the families that resided along Muddy and Sharps Creeks and Centenary.

As many Slate River researches have realized, these families were all related in some fashion. For the better part of two centuries, these families remained rooted to their Buckingham lands, while intermarrying made these communities into large De facto families. Sharon Baptist and Centenary Methodist churches served most of these families well, proven by the multitude of stones bearing their names in the churches' cemeteries.

Surnames of interest, although ALL are welcome from these areas:

Muddy Creek: Winfrey, Robertson, Maxey, Self, Bransford, Ayres, Agee, Howell

Sharps Creek: Tapscott, Baber, Norvell, Agee

Centenary: Tapscott, Baber, Tindall

Not only am I interested in sharing photos, but would love to exchange any type of information on these families concerning their 19th-20th century lives, ie: farms, homes, mills, churches, schools. I have built quite a database of info on these families, and have a lot of knowledge to offer on the subjects.

Also looking for multiple 'lost' family cemeteries from the late 19th-early 20th centuries in the immediate area, concerning most of the surnames mentioned above. Specifically, the areas between Rt721 and Rt622 (Baber), as well as, the area between Rt651, Muddy Creek, and the Slate River (Robertson), are known to have burials into the 20th century, but they have been swallowed by the forests. Anyone with information on the whereabouts of any 'hidden' or 'lost' cemeteries along these creeks, regardless of surname, PLEASE contact me and I will respond quickly. The smallest lead can sometimes break the case!

Thanks in advance for ANY inquiries!

J. Winfrey

Find a board about a specific topic