Hartwell Steven Moore was the brother of Philip Shelton who married Nancy H. Taylor, Joseph N. who married Nancy Scruggs, Robert Lee who married Frances Desper, Mary Elizabeth who married Charlie Dent and then James Wamsley Profitt, a son named George that died shortly after birth and Nancy who married a Beazley. Hartwell was born in 1837 and died on June 22, 1903. He married Frances (Fannie) Ann Jefferson daughter of Peter Field Jefferson and sister of Field Jefferson--she was born in 1857 and died in 1937. They had seven children:
1. Ethel who married a Franklin Bailey. Lived in Charlottesville, VA. No children.
2. Lulu who married Everette Lee Belew who was born 5-19-1897 and died 12-1975. Lived in Greenwood, VA. Had a daughter named Juliette who married a George Troxell and made their home in Winchester and are the parents of four children. Lula and Everette are buried at Rio Episcopal Church Cemetery.
3. Elizabeth Moore who married a Luther Shelton Moore and they lived in Scottsville, VA. Had the following children. Thornhill Moore who never married, Edward Moore who married twice and who had a son Eddie T. Moore, Jr., Raymond Moore who died in 1986 and married a Lottie Smith and then a Mrs. Bugg, Mary Grace Moore who married a Albert F. Henwood and had the following children Audrey, Eunice and Mary Gladys who married a E. S. Tankersly--Mary Grace and Albert died when the girls were young and they went to live with a Mr. and Mrs. Clivis Harris of Charlottesville, VA.
4. Sydney Moore who married a Kate Cobb.
5. Frank Judson Moore born on 5-9-1882 and married a Maurnetia Livingston and had two children: Michael (a doctor in Roanoke, VA) and Patricia Moore who married a Roberts and lives in Winston-Salem, N.C. He was a medical doctor in Raleigh County, West Virginia from 1920 until his retirement three years before his death in Beckley, W.VA.
6. T.J. who lives in Salem, VA.
7. Fanny Moore who married on 12-22-1919, Thomas Alexander Belew (brother of Everette Lee Belew). They had no children. Lived in Crozet, VA.
Any names familiar to anyone please write me and trade information and at least share it. Thanks, Carolyn Moore Mack