Stevens,Merry, Campbell Co VA

Replies: 3

Re: Stevens,Merry, Campbell Co VA

Posted: 27 Aug 2012 1:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Aug 2012 1:42PM GMT
Surnames: LINDSAY, LINDSEY, LITCHFORD, GREGORY, MAY, CLARK, CLARKE

Hi Jacqueli,

I've been trying to find a connection of my great-great-great grandfather William H. Lindsay
b. Abt. 1785 in Campbell County, VA, m. Elizabeth F. Litchford, Dec. 11, 1821 in Campbell Co., VA to Robert
Lindsay. I have a microfilm I ordered from 1818-1820 that listed William Lindsay son of Robert Lindsay, Sr. Do you have any of them in your files? If you don't is there anyway you could look up a source somewhere that could help me find a connection?

Sincerely,

Matthew Lindsay

*Note: Below where there is a line or blank the word was illegible

WILL BOOK NO. 4 WITH INVENTORIES & ACCOUNTS (1817 - 1824) Yes Lindsay/Lindsey/Lyndsay

Page

In name of God ______? I Robert Lindsay of the County of Campbell and the State of Virginia, being in low state of health but of sound mind and memory and calling to mind the uncertainty of this transitory life do make and ordain this my last will and testament after committing my soul in the hands of the Lord who gave it to me. It is my will and desire that all my just debts and funeral charges are paid, Item I will and bequeath with my son William Lindsey the land where I now live with the following exception, ____?, I will and bequeath to Robert Gregory that part of the said tract from the lick branch to Wats's line by up the lick branch from Mrs. Reids line to Wat's line, I will and bequeath to Salley Estell Gregory twenty pounds, I will and bequeath my daughter Margaret Gregory fifteen pounds for the use of her children. It is my will and desire that my daughter Polley Lindsey have her living on the above tract of land during her natural life provided she does not marry. If she should marry then my executors to give what they may think is right. It is my desire that the stock of all kinds household furniture and every article not particularly willed to any other should remain in the possession of my wife during her natural life and at her death to my son William to him and his heirs

Page

heirs for requesting him my son to assist Robert Gregory in selling the land I have bequeathed him, give him some stock and other things towards housekeeping and should any of my relations come from the old country I implore him to assist them. It is my will and desire and do hereby appoint John May and James Lindsey as my Executors to execute this my last will and testament. In testimony where of I here unto set my hand and affix my seal the twenty seventh day of October in the year of our Lord, one thousand eight hundred and eighteen.
his
Signed & Sealed in presence of Robert x Lindsey Sr.
Ro. Strange, Geo. G. Garner, J. Read mark

At a court held for Campbell County October 9th 1820 The ____________last Will and Testament of Robert Lindsay Sr. was sworn by the oath of George G. Garner and John Read witnesses thereto subscribed and ordered to be recorded and on the motion of John May one of the Executors in said will named leave is given him to administrator on said decedents Estate on giving bonds and heredity whereupon he together with William Clark and William Lindsay, Sr. his securities entered into and acknowledged their Bond in the penalty of One thousand dollars conditioned as the law directs for the said Executors due and faithful administration on said decedents Estate and performance of his will, liberty being reserved the other executor to join in the probate thereof when he shall think fit.
Ro. Alexander Clarke
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Carolyn Rudolph 2 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT 
starlabs 8 Apr 2007 7:35PM GMT 
JacqueliFinle... 4 May 2007 2:23PM GMT 
starlabs 27 Aug 2012 7:32PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions