Search for content in message boards

Stevens,Merry, Campbell Co VA

Replies: 3

Stevens,Merry, Campbell Co VA

Carolyn Rudolph (View posts)
Posted: 2 Apr 2000 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: STEVENS, PERROW, RUCKER, MERRY, MOORMAN, LINDSAY, HUNTER
My gggrandfather was John M.B. Stevens of Campbell Co VA. (ca 1804-1882) His wife was Caroline Cox Perrow. They had daughters, Olivia (1842-1898) md to Samuel Merry, (1835-ca.1875-79) and 2nd to Edward Perrow RUCKER (they were 1st cousins) another daughter of John M. B. Stevens was Alice who was married to Sam Merry's bro. Robert Merry. One daughter was married to a Lindsay, one dau. Behetherland (Hethie)was married to M.C. Moorman, and one to a Hunter.
I need to know John M. B. Stevens father. My ggmother said it was James M. Stevens, but there were several James Stevens and I cannot connect him to the family from Bedford and Amherst Co earlier. They all had Behetheland/Behetherland T. Stevens, so I know they are the same family. Most important where did Sam Merry die, probably in Lynchburg or Rustburg. What happened to Olivia Stevens Merry Rucker's son Gillespie Blaine Rucker bn 1884. When Olivia died in Hopkins Co KY her husband Dr Edward Perrow Rucker returnd to Campbell Co VA and died in 1907. Their son stayed in Marshall Co KY for a few years and lived with his older half sister Carrie Bell Merry Halstead and her family. He left after 1900 Census to go to VA and the family in KY never heard from him again. Would love to share information with any of these families that is researching.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Carolyn Rudolph 2 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT 
starlabs 8 Apr 2007 7:35PM GMT 
JacqueliFinle... 4 May 2007 2:23PM GMT 
starlabs 27 Aug 2012 7:32PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic