Search for content in message boards

Marriages of Campbell County Virginia 1782-1810 free look up

Replies: 63

Clement Jordan

Posted: 29 Apr 2012 9:26AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi, I saw your post from 2009 so I don't know if you have any additional information since then. I have been trying to trace the Jordan family in Virginia and can tell you this:

Clement W. Jordan b 17?, was born in Lunenburg County, VA to Samuel JOrdan and Annis Comer. His brother Branch Jordan was a slave trader, and eventually purchased a spa property that became Jordan's White Sulphur Springs in Frederick County, VA (near Winchester). I have seen info that Samuel and Annis Jordan had 11 children: Samuel, Banister, Clement, Branch, Edward, Elizabeth, Ermine, Fanny, John, German and Willistine. There are many doctors in the various branches. Some of them stayed in Lunenburg and Campbell Counties in Virginia. Others went to Tennessee, Missouri, and Mississippi.

I have seen a birth date of 3 Nov 1811 for Clement; but I think it is much earlier. In 1807, he provided surety for the marriage bond of his brother Banister Jordan in Lunenburg, VA. So, he must have been at least 18-21 at that time. Clement was very active in the records on Lunenburg.

I have more if you would like to get in touch.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
bgporter1966 14 Jul 2009 2:45PM GMT 
Robert Cobb 21 Nov 2009 3:38PM GMT 
CayugaLand 23 Nov 2009 5:18AM GMT 
Deborah Glass... 29 Apr 2012 3:26PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic