Search for content in message boards

Talley Connections-Campbell,Cumberland and possibly Hanover Counties

Replies: 0

Talley Connections-Campbell,Cumberland and possibly Hanover Counties

Posted: 18 Jul 2012 7:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for help with the family of a David Talley lived in Campbell County at least from 1780s thru at least 1814. Believe he had at least 2 children: Doshia and David Jr. Both Children married BUTTERWORTHS and moved to Sumner Co TN before 1820 where Zach Talley Sr was living with part of his family. The rest of Zach Sr's family stayed back in Cumberland County, VA. Another BUTTERWORTH - John who was Doshia's brother-in-law married one of Zach Sr's daughters -Lucy and they also lived in Sumner Co TN before moving to Davidson County.
This David Talley Sr may have come from Hanover County ABT 1785 but cannot quite confirm that. There is a David in Havover but he falls off the radar after 1784 which is about the time my David shows up in Campbell County.
I have also heard that there was a William Talley who was married in Campbell County in 1769 but I only have that as a rumor.
Any help in sorting out the Talleys would be much appreciated. I descend from Doshia Talley who married Joseph Butterworth and moved on to TN and KY.
THANX, Wayne Jones

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions