Search for content in message boards

Benjamin Robinson

Replies: 3

Benjamin Robinson

Marilyn Dorman (View posts)
Posted: 26 Apr 2000 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Robinson, Ring, Brock
The father of Benjamin Robinson, who was Christopher Robinson bequeathed to him 1200 acres of land in Essex County (which later became Caroline County) called "Moone's Mount," and 900 acres adjoining it.
I am aware that Christopher Robinson stayed in Middlesex, VA and his home has become a historical site called "Hewick". The Robinson descendant I am researching is the son of Benjamin Robinson who was born sometime between 1700-1736. He was also named Benjamin and he married Susannah Brock (no marriage date). My ancestor named Benjamin Robinson moved to Spotsylvania and was there in 1781. He also fought in the Revolutionary War with the Virginia Militia. His pension is on record. His second wife's name could possibly have been Mildred Ellis, whose first husband had property on Lewis Run in Spotsylvania County. In 1781 this branch of the Robinsons moved to Kentucky.
Firstly, I would like to connect with a person who is a genealogist and has some historical knowledge of Essex County in the early 1700's. Hope someone can help?
Marilyn at maureen@ecis.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Marilyn Dorman 26 Apr 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Reid Robinson 3 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Hewick 8 May 2013 3:14PM GMT 
letter4david 8 May 2013 6:07PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions