Search for content in message boards

John F. Parker

Replies: 0

John F. Parker

Posted: 29 Nov 2012 5:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am researching John F Parker who was born between 1806 and 1810 in Va, but was in Boone County,Ky on the 1840 census. He was my g-g-g grandfather on my father's side. We know he first married a Matilda Powell in 1831, but remarried a Susan Souther in 1837. I am a descendent of their son, William Alfred Parker. I am trying to identify who John's father was. I have seen others have a Joseph Parker on ancestry.com as his father, but no real proof. I have been several times to the Boone County Courthouse to look at their marriage, tax and land deeds. I only found an Inventory for the estate do Joseph without any of his children's names. John F ended up living the rest of his life in Kenton County.

When he lived in Boone County, he lived in the Petersburg area near Richard Parker. I have wondered if they were related. He was not mentioned in Richards will. Joseph's wife, Matilda is buried in the Sand Run Baptist Church Cemetery. I have also been to the Bullettsburg Baptist Church and read some of their early church meeting notes (about 1810) and seen Richard Parker mentioned as well as his slave, Reuben. It was very interesting to read.

I was hoping that perhaps you might know of John F Parker. Was he related to Richard Parker (perhaps an uncle?
Joseph Parker was said to have a daughter named, Charlotte. Perhaps he was from Charlotte County, VA and that's why he named his daughter that.

I would appreciate any help you can give me.

Thank you, Debra McMillen

Find a board about a specific topic