Search for content in message boards

RUDD

Replies: 17

Re: CASHION

Posted: 1 Dec 2012 2:04PM GMT
Classification: Query
Patty, I don't think I can help you very much as to a physical address. I have a newspaper article about Loxelley Leander Cashion written in about 1991 (he died 12-24-1991) and the obit refers to his death since they had written the article. He was the brother of Urple Cashion Taylor who John Cashion visited and she was still living in a Cashion homestead (without running water). It described where LL lived as in Winterpock between Rt. 360 west on the north and the Appomattox River on the south, no physical address.

A note John Cashion wrote on a newspaper article about Urple Cashion Taylor said "I did not. I drove to his plantation home Clover Hill which is rigth at Winterpock. He sold it to Dr. and Mrs. Lush." What he did not, I don't know. Who sold it to Dr. and Mrs. Lush I don't know, but the name Clover Hill might help you locate something. I did look through all the deed info I have for Chesterfield and did not find a Cashion selling land to Dr. Lush, but I do have some of Samuel and Elizabeth's deed from when they were moving to Tennessee, think Samuel died in Virginia but Elizabeth and quite a few of her children moved. You know that Elizabeth was a Wilkerson (daughter of Mack, brother of Frances). Samuel and Elizabeth were first cousins.

I understand that the library is very helpful and have a lot of information on the Cashion line they may even be able to direct you to some of the old homesteads. If you would like to send me your email address I will send you a drawing of Cashion homes that Urple made but I can't email it to ancestry, if there is a way to do it, I haven't figured it out. My email is valette@juno.com.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but if you do find anything I would love to hear about it. Valette
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Mardine92 19 Nov 2011 8:04PM GMT 
bluecatmonste... 30 Nov 2012 4:07AM GMT 
valette1 30 Nov 2012 7:40PM GMT 
bluecatmonste... 30 Nov 2012 10:20PM GMT 
valette1 1 Dec 2012 8:03PM GMT 
valette1 1 Dec 2012 9:04PM GMT 
MeredithCampb... 28 May 1999 12:00PM GMT 
GAB593 15 Dec 2012 5:33PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic