Search for content in message boards

Noah Fasher Family of Brucetown, VA.

Replies: 0

Noah Fasher Family of Brucetown, VA.

Posted: 30 Jun 2013 12:44AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Frasher; Frazier; Bruce; Montgomery; Jobe; Shoaf
I'm looking for information on a Noah Frasher family(spelling later changed to Frazier). Noah married a Mary Taylor on June 18, 1829 (she may have been a second wife). I think her father was Simeon Taylor. I haven't been able find her mother's name.

I am searching for Noah Frasher's parents and where he resided before coming to Frederick County, Virginia. It would appear Noah Frasher settled in Frederick, Co. Va. c1800. In 1818, he appears to have been a member of the 31st Regiment of the local militia. He died near Brucetown, Virginia on Jan. 15, 1842 and is buried in the Methodist Cemetery at Brucetown. Noah and Mary Frasher had a son, John H. Frazier who married a Caroline Montgomery. John died on November 5,1879 and is buried at Brucetown.

This particular Frasher/Frazier family lived in the Brucetown vicinity for over 100 years and were related to the Bruces and Montgomerys. The Frasher home was a large stone dwelling near Brucetown and was referred to as “Green Hill Mansion.”

Rachel Nettie Frasher, a daughter of John and Catherine Frasher, married Rev. James Watts Shoaff in 1877.

The last male Frasher appears to have been the son of John and Caroline Frazier. His name was Montgomery Noah Frazier, he often went by M.N. Frazier. Montgomery N. Frazier married Grace Jobe, a daughter of William Jobe. After her death in the early 1900's it would appear that Montgomery Noah Frazier moved from the Frederick County, Virginia area. I haven't been able to locate where he moved to nor when he died. Could anyone please help me fill in the blanks on this family?

Find a board about a specific topic