Search for content in message boards

WILLIAM HARRIS b. ca. 1750 likely Culpeper Co, VA, moved to Wilkes County, NC, ca. 1783-84, d. Wilkes Co. 1848

Replies: 21

Re: JACOB HARRIS, son of William Harris, Revolutionary War soldier

Posted: 15 Nov 2012 12:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Harris Harriss Rudaback Rudabach
My William Harris born June 1750 Culpeper County, Virginia was married to Nancy Rudaback in Greebrier County, Virginia. William died after 1836 in Champaign County, Illinois. William and Nancy had 6 children: John, William, James, George, Susannah, and Barbara. After living in Rockbridge County, VA they moved to Gallia County, Ohio, then Champaign County, Illinois. Wilkes county, North Carolina sounds familiar but would have to go back and check on that. Some of the kids stayed in Ohio, some stayed settled in Illinois, and my line John went to Iowa then on to Nebraska. I think this is a really hard name to search because there are so many William Harris's. Definitely more than 1 William who served in the Revolution. Sorry but I do not have a Jacob in this family. If anyone has any links to this line feel free to contact me. Here is the webpage for My Harris Family.
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~mach/harri...
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Sharon_Mach81 15 Nov 2012 7:12PM GMT 
Patricia 23 Oct 2003 5:31AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions