Search for content in message boards

Towles-Clark Descendant

Replies: 2

Towles-Clark Descendant

Anne Hathaway (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jun 2004 11:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Towles, Clark, Wiltshire, Waugh, Payne
I am a descendant of William and Lucretia Clark.

*2nd Wife of Stokeley Towles:
......... +Jane Wharton Sparks b: Abt. 1720 m: Abt. 1748 in Orange Co., Virginia d: Unknown
............. 3 Mary Towles b: April 13, 1749 in Middlesex Co., Virginia d: September 28, 1836 in Virginia
................. +John Clark b: February 19, 1740/41 in Clark's Mountain, Virginia m: November 04, 1765 in Virginia d: October 28, 1831 in Virginia
.................... 4 William Clark b: October 09, 1766 in Orange Co., Virginia d: January 12, 1834
........................ +Lucretia Clark b: September 09, 1772 m: December 29, 1791 in Virginia d: March 31, 1854

Lucretia is the daughter of Reuben Clark, brother of John Clark and uncle of William.

5. Lucretia and William's son, James Towles Clark, m. 1839 Mary Ann Wiltshire.
6. Their son, John William Clark, m. 1869 Susan Malinda Waugh. They are buried in Rhoadesville Baptist Church Cemetery. John William was in the Civil War. Susan Malinda's parents were Charles Stuart Waugh and Mary Frances Faulconer.
7. Their daughter, Mary Ann Clark, m. 1899 John Absalom Payne, Jr., who are my grandparents. They are buried in Lael Baptist Church cemetery, Lignum, VA.

James Clark, who married Mary Marston, was brother of John Clark of Clark's Mountain. They had a son, Marston Clark.

The information I have on the Clark family is from that given my mother by her aunt, Stella Clark Faulconer (Mrs. Percy Faulconer), now deceased, of Charlottesville. I am willing to share information.

The father of John Clark of Clark's Mountain was supposedly William Clark; these men moved from Caroline Co. and patented 400 acres (Clark's Mountain) in 1736. Also, there is supposed to be a common grandfather with George Rogers Clark. If anyone has any information about the lineage of John Clark of Clark's Mountain, please let me know. I am at a brick wall.

Thanks.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Anne Hathaway 13 Jun 2004 5:00PM GMT 
Winifred K Miller 25 Aug 2004 7:04PM GMT 
annefcase 16 Dec 2012 1:03AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions